- 24 July 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Environmental impact assessments / Investment
- Bassac River / biodiversity / Burj Khalifa / Cambodia National Rescue Party / Canada / Chinese aid / CNRP / CNRP law maker / Condominiums / construction / Diamond Island / Diamond Tower / EIA / Elite Golf Club / Elite Town / Environment Minister / environmental impact assessment / environmental impacts / Farmland / Feasibility study / Fish / fish migration / fish stocks / foreign investments / Ian Baird / Infrastructure / investments / Japanese aid / Koh Pich / Koh Pich project manager / Mekong river / Ministry of Environment / MoE / Mok Mareth / national elections / OCIC / Overseas Cambodia Investment Coprporation / Pa Socheatvong / Phnom Penh / Phnom Penh Municipal governor / Riviera Towers / Simon Springer / Son Chhay / South Korean aid / Tonle Bassac river / Tonle Sap lake / Touch Somnang / University of Victoria / University of Wisconsin-Madison assistant professor / VU / World's second tallest building
Business is booming on Koh Pich. Since development began in 2006—and about 300 families were pushed off what was then farmland—the island has slowly grown into the symbol of commercial modernity in Phnom Penh. The developer, Overseas Cambodia Investment Corp., is also extending the island by ...
- 1 April 2013
- Cambodian Business Review
- Economy and commerce / Industries / Land / Manufacturing / Real estate
- AEON Mall / ASEAN / ASEAN Economic Community / Boeung Kak / Boeung Kak Development City / Bonna Realty Group / Cambodia’s real estate sector / CamKo City / CB Richard Ellis / CBRE / Chruy Chongva City / Condominiums / construction / construction sector / De Castle Royal Condominium project / Deputy-Director for Construction Department Ministry of Land Management Nhorn Sy / Diamond Island / earthquakes / Grand Phnom Penh International City / housing loans / immigrant workers / Japanese aid / Kandal / Kandal Province / La Seine / labour / Ly Yong Phat / Ly Yong Phat satellite city / Ministry of Land Management / Myanmar / Nhorn Sy / Olympia City / Panasastra University / Real estate / real estate sector recovery / residential buildings / residential projects / Riviera Towers / Russia / satellite cities / satellite city / Siem Reap / Siem Reap Province / sihanoukville / Sihanoukville province / Thailand / Vattanac Capital tower
2012 has been an impressive year for Cambodia’s economic resilience. Among the many sectors that had positively grown are the construction and property development [sic] and they are expected to be among the highest growth achievers in the current year as well. In 2012, the ...