The following criteria is outlined as requirements of a response to call for data contribution:
The dataet must:
- be related to Cambodia.
- be related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Contributors must have permission to submit and share the dataset upon an open platform. All permissions and access should be clarified prior to submission.
- Each dataset must ensure that free-prior and informed consent has been obtained from all information relating to participants and not violate any rights or pose security risks to the participants.
- Datasets must be accompanied by good metadata and clearly outline, source, process, completeness and accuracy. For further details on metadata standards please review the ODM Wiki.
- The data should be clean and aggregated at an appropriate level to ensure principles of responsible data, and made available upon the CKAN datahub.
- All data stories, data visualizations and tools produced must be developed with the intent of being published upon in an online format.
We encourage a broad spectrum of people to apply including citizen, students, employees of organizations, NGOs and CSOs working within Cambodia or on SDGs more broadly.
This initiative is intended to promote the use of Open Data within Cambodia by using the facilities provided by Open Development Cambodia (ODC). The platform strives to generate dialogue within the community on pressing development issues affecting the region, however we aim to deliver these messages neutrally and without a bias agenda. All data and supporting materials must respect this mandate of the platform to be considered. All data and data products should be made available in English and Khmer.
Once you have registered, ODC team will receive details information from you for creating a user account in our Datahub. An ODC administrator will notify you of your membership once it’s been approved. For all other queries please contact at: email@example.com.
The data sharing is the contribution by encouraging more connection and collaboration between the data users which can result in new finding by sharing resources, stimulating interest, increasing data circulation, promoting transparency and better inform planning and policy. Data sharing also essential to help achieve and make progress to the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs) through:
- Increasing the impact and visibility of project activities or research while making data available
- Creating new collaborations between data users and data creator as a wide network
- Informing to the government and policy maker for better decision-making regarding to environmental planning and policy, and sustainable development
- Maximizing transparency, accountability, and citizen participation
- Expanding the great resource for research community, education, and training
*Open Development Cambodia (ODC) reserves the right to publish only datasets which conform to Open Development Initiative standards. All the submitted dataset that meet the criteria will be published.