- 25 October 2012
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agriculture and fishing / Environment and natural resources / Fishing, fisheries and aquaculture / Rivers and lakes / Water resources
- Biodiversity Conservation Corridor Initiatives / conservation area / dolphin protection / dolphins / endangered species / Environmental Protection / fisheries / Fishing / fishing communities / Fishing Conservation Areas / freshwater dolphins / kratie / local communities / Mekong Doplphin / river guards / rivers / Stung Treng
Sitting at his outpost overlooking the Mekong River, Deab Kuy remembers an incident some years ago when fishermen threatened to attack him if they were stopped from casting their nets around the river’s sandy islets here in Sambok commune. The outpost, little more than a wooden house on ...
- 6 August 2011
- The Southeast Asia Weekly
- Agriculture and fishing / Economy and commerce / Energy / Energy policy and administration / Environment and natural resources / Generation and distribution facilities / Social development / The poor / Water resources
- ADB / Agriculture & Agri-business / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Bindu Lohan / biodiversity / Biodiversity Conservation Corridor Initiatives / Cambodia / China Vietnam / Climate Change / conservation / Development / economic cevelopment / economic cooperation / Economic Development / Economic growth / economic sector / energy / energy tourism transport / environment / environmental challanges / environmental cooperation / environmental regulations / Environmentalists / Finland / food security / foreign diplomats / Forest / fovernment / GDP / GDP growth / GMS / Greater Mekong Sub-region / Greater Mekong Sub-Region Environment Ministers / Guangxi Zhuang / Hun Sen / Investment / Lao Myanmar / Mekong river / Mekong Sub region / natural resources / Netherlands / poverty rate / PRC / prime minister / Prime Minister Hun Sen / regional environmental cooperation / Samdech Hun Sen / sustainable economic development / Sweeden / Thailand / Water resources / Yunnan / Yunnan Province
Cambodia on July 28th hosted the 3rd Greater Mekong Sub- Region Environment Ministers to look forward to sustainable economic development in the region and to talk about current projects to reduce harm for regions and also to minimize several environmental challenges affecting natural resources, forest and ...
(Khem Sovannara and Chhorng Long Heng, p 7)