Call for Oversight of Cambodian Land Campaign
- 12 June 2013
- Radio Free Asia
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Economic land concessions and plantations / Human rights / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Public land lease / Social development
- Brad Adams / communal land / concessions / Corruption / CPP / donor countries / donors / ELCs / evictions / forced evictions / HRW / HRW Asia director Brad Adams / Human Rights Watch / Human Rights Watch Asia director Brad Adams / Hun Sen / indigenous communal land / Indigenous Land Rights / indigenous peoples rights / Kampong Speu / Kampong Speu Province / Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / land / land demarcation / Land grabs / land ownership / Land rights / Land titles / land-titling program / Mondulseima district / national elections / New York / Phnom Sruoch / Phnom Sruoch district / Prime Minister Hun Sen / RCAF / Royal Cambodian Armed Forces / student volunteers / Surya Subedi / Thporng district / transparency / UN / UN’s special rapporteur on human rights Surya Subedi / United Nations / violent evictions / World Bank
A land titling campaign in Cambodia launched and financed by Prime Minister Hun Sen’s lacks transparency and could leave thousands of people landless, a human rights group said Wednesday, urging the country’s donors to push for reform of the program. The campaign, which employs volunteer youth ...
Eighth Communal Land Title Awarded in Mondolkiri
- 11 June 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Community forest / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Environmental and biodiversity protection / Ethnic minorities and indigenous people / Forest classifications / Forests and forestry / Land / Land tenure and land titling / National parks and wildlife sanctuaries / Social development
- 2001 Land Law / ancestral lands / Argo industry / Banong / Banong ethic minority / Cassava / cassava plantations / communal land tiles / Disputed Land / Farmland / Forests / Im Chum Lim / Indigenous Land Rights / indigenous people / Keo Seima district / Land Management Minister Im Chum Lim / Land rights / Land titles / mining / mondolkiri / Mondolkiri Province / private land titles / rotational farmland / spirit forests / Sre Khtum village
Land Management Minister Im Chum Lim awarded a community of ethnic minority Banong in Mondolkiri province a communal land tile to their ancestral land last week, only the eighth communal land title to be handed out since the 2001 Land Law made them available. The title ...
Banong Families Close to Communal Land Titles
- 22 March 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Ethnic minorities and indigenous people / Human rights / Land / Social development
- 2001 Land Law / Banong community / Banong ethnic group / Chhim Kan / communal land titles / Community Legal Education Center / Indigenous Communities / Indigenous Land Rights / Keo Seima district / Land rights / Land titles / mondolkiri / Mondolkiri Land Management Department / Mondolkiri Land Management Department Director Chhim Kan / Mondolkiri Province / Mondulkiri / Mondulkiri Land Management Department / Mondulkiri Province / Sre Khtum village
An indigenous ethnic Banong community in Mondolkiri province yesterday began the final stage in acquiring a communal land title, setting it up to become only the sixth community in the country to secure one of the coveted documents. Established by the 2001 Land Law, communal land ...
Adhoc Calls for Stronger Indigenous Land Rights
- 10 August 2011
- The Cambodia Daily
- Ethnic minorities and indigenous people / Human rights / Social development
- Adhoc / Adhoc Techincal Assistant Orla Kelly / Agro-Business / agro-business concessions / Beng Hong Socheat Khemro / Beng Hong Socheat Khemro spokesman for the Ministry of Land Management / business / collective land titles / Collective Titling / Concession / Forest / Forests / Government / Human Rights group / Indigenous Communities / Indigenous Land Rights / Indigenous Pople / International Indigenous People's Day / land / Land concessions / Land Law / Land rights / law / Law on Forestry / Laws / Legislation / Ministry of Land Management / Ministry of Land Management spokesman Beng Hong Socheat Khemro / minority groups / Native Territories / Orla Kelly / Orla Kelly Techincal Assistant for Adhoc / Protected Areas Law / state land
The government must correctly implement the Land Law and allow indigenous people greater access to collective titling of their native territories, human rights group Adhoc said yesterday in a statement. Although there is a provision in the Land Law allowing indigenous groups to obtain collective ...