Hor Namhong to attend ASEAN-EU meeting next week
- 20 July 2014
- The Cambodia Herald
- Government / International relations / Ministries and other national bodies / Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- 20th ASEAN-EU / Belgium / Brussels / Catherine Ashton / European Commission / Hor Namhong / Korea / Mekong-Republic of Korea / Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation / Republic of Korea / ROK / Seoul / Yun Byung-se
Cambodia’s Foreign Minister Hor Namhong will lead a delegation to attend the 20th ASEAN-EU Ministerial Meeting in Brussels, Belgium, next week, according to a statement issued Friday by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. The statement said the meeting invited by Mrs Catherine ASHTON, high ...
The Cambodia Herald News Staff
FAO Raises Paddy Production Outlook
- 1 April 2013
- Cambodian Business Review
- Agricultural commodities, processing and products / Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Aid and development / Bilateral development assistance / Crop products and commodities / Development Assistance Committee (DAC) members / Economy and commerce / Exports / Rice / Rice / Trade / United States aid
- Agro-business company / Amru rice (Cambodia) Co / Baitang (Kampuchea) Plc / Bangladesh / Brazil / Burma / Cambodia / Cavifoods / Cavifoods and Loran Group / Chinese aid / Dr. Yang Saing Koma / Egypt / FAO All Rice Price Index / Golden Rice Co Ltd / Guinea / Hean Vanhorn / Indian aid / Indonesia / Korea / Madagascar / Magsaysay Award / Magsaysay Award Winner Dr. Yang Saing Koma / Mali / milled rice exports / Ministry of Agriculture Forest and Fisheries Deputy Director-General / Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries / Myanmar / Nepal / Nigeria / Rep. of Korea / Republic of Korea / rice production / Russian Federation / Senegal / Sierra Leone / South America / Sri Lanka / Tanzania / Thailand / Turkey / United States aid / United States Department of Agriculture / Uruguay / US / USA / USDA / Venezuela / Viet Nam / Yang Saing Koma
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has raised its forecast of global paddy production in 2012 by about 1.5 million tonnes to 730 million tonnes (487 million tonnes, milled). The scaling up of production mainly concerned Asian countries, in particular Cambodia, ...
ASEAN Post Ministerial Conference Focuses On Mutual Benefits
- 20 July 2012
- The Southeast Asia Weekly
- Aid and development / Australian aid / Bilateral development assistance / Development Assistance Committee (DAC) members / Economy and commerce / Trade / Trade policy and regulation
- 2012 / ASEAN / ASEAN Dialogue Partners / ASEAN Post Ministerial Conference / Australian aid / Cambodia / Canada / Chinese aid / Cooperation / EU / European Union aid / Indian aid / Japanese aid / mutual benefits / New Zealand / partnership / Phnom Penh / PMC / relations / Republic of Korea / Russian Federation / strengthening ties / United States of America
The ASEAN Post Ministerial Conference (PMC) 10 + 1 Session with 10 ASEAN’s Dialogue Partners, namely, Australia, Canada, China, the European Union (EU), India, Japan, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, the Russian Federation, and the United States of America were held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on 11 July 2012. They focused on cooperation ...
Siem Reap Recognized As Cultural City Of East Asia In 2012
- 16 July 2012
- The Southeast Asia Weekly
- Industries / Siem Reap / Tourism
- 2012 / Angkor Wat Temple / ASEAN / ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation / Cambodian Officials / Foreign Ministers Meeting / Japanese aid / launched / People's Republic of China / Phnom Penh / proposal / Republic of Korea / Siem Reap City / Siem Reap Province / the cultural city of East Asia 2012 / tourism sector / World Heritage
Siem Reap, home of world heritage Angkor Wat temple was recognized as the cultural city of East Asia 2012. The announced was made in the 13th ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Phnom Penh on July 10. “That is an honor for Siem Reap province, said Cambodian officials and tourism sector. The ...
South Korea Donates Trucks to Cambodian Gov’t
- 8 June 2012
- The Cambodia Daily
- Aid and development / Bilateral development assistance / Development Assistance Committee (DAC) members / Sihanoukville / South Korean aid
- Cambodian Government / Cargo / donated / Elections / military cargo trucks / military trucks / Republic of Korea / Sam Heng / Sihanoukville Autonomous Port / trucks
The Republic of Korea donated more than 200 military trucks to the Cambodian government last month, a port official said yesterday. Sam Heng, administrative chief of the Sihanoukville Autonomous Port, said the 241 trucks were strictly for transportation. “The trucks arrived before the elections. They’re military cargo ...
CAMBODIA HOSTED 7TH ASIA ECONOMIC FORUM
- 6 August 2011
- The Southeast Asia Weekly
- Economy and commerce
- AEF / AEF Chairman / AEF Founder / AEF Founder and Chairman Dr. Haruhisa Handa / AEF Vice-Chairman / ASEAN / ASEAN Secretary-General / Asia Economic Forum / Asia Leadership Center / Asia's Search for Leadership Synergy / Asian Century / Asian Economic development / Asian economies / Asian Economy / Association of Southeast Asian Nations / Bali / Bali Indonesia / Cambodia / Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister / Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister Keat Chhon / Chinese aid / Climate Change / counter terrorism / Debt / Development / dispute resolution / Dr. Haruhisa Handa / Dr. Kao Kim Hourm / Dr. Kao Kim Hourn AEF Vice-Chairman / Dr. Kao Kim Hourn Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation / Dr. Surin Pitsuwan / East Asia / Economics / Education gap / Europe / Foreign Ministers Meeting / GDP / global community / Global Economic Crisis / Global Financial Crisis / global recovery / Government / Gross Domestic Product / Haruhisa Handa / high growth / IAI / IFAC / Indian aid / Indonesia / Inflation / Initiatives for ASEAN Integration / International Foundation for Arts and Culture / Japan South Korea / Keat Chhon / Mekong subregion program / Middle East / Minister of Economy and Finance / Minister of Economy and Finance H.E. Keat Chhon / Minister of Economy and Finance Keat Chhon / natural disasters / natural resources / North Africa / oil / Oil prices / pandemic / Phnom Penh / political stability / post-crisis environment / President of the Universtiy of Cambodia / prime minister / Prime Minister Hun Sen / regional cooperation / regional dispute resolution / regional integration / Republic of Korea / Royal Government / Samdech Prime Minister Hun Sen / Secretary of State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation / Singapore / Surin Pitsuwan / Surin Pitsuwan ASEAN Secretary-General / synergistic leadership / TAC / transnational crime / Treaty of Amity and Cooperation / United States aid / US / Worldwide Support for Development / WSD
Cambodia, on Saturday, hosted the 7th Asia Economic Forum ( AEF) under theme of “The Asian Century in the Making: Achievements, Challenges and Future Trends” while highlighting the majority of the region’s demonstrated remarkable resilience against the global economic and financial crises, while major superpowers ...