- 16 July 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Maize (corn) / Pepper / Rice / Rice / Sugar / Trade
- AFD / Agence Francaise de Developpement / Banteay Meanchey Province / Battambang / Chan Sokha / FAO / fish paste / geographical indication / GI / GI Status / GI-labelled products / intellectual property / Kampong Speu palm sugar / Kampong Speu Palm Sugar Promotion Association / Kampot / Kampot durian / Kampot pepper / Kampot Pepper Promotion Association / Ke Mony / Khmer Silk Village Association / KPPA / Kratie province grapefruits / KSPSPA / Laos / Milled Rice / Ministry of Commerce / National Committee for Intellectual Property Rights / Nguon Lay / Op Rady / palm sugar / palm trees / pepper plantations / Phnom Srok Silk / Siem Reap prahok / Smach milled rice / sugar / Svay Rieng / Thailand / UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization / World Trade Organization
While Kampot pepper and Kampong Speu palm sugar carry the brand-building Geographical Indication (GI) status, newcomers seeking the same tag continue to wait for funding to get their products off the ground. In 2010, Kampot pepper and Kampong Speu palm sugar were the first Cambodian goods ...
- 12 July 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Biofuel crops / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Imports / Investment / Sugar / Trade
- Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights / Chan Sokha / Geographical Indication status / GI Status / Kampong Speu / Oudong / palm sugar / Palm Sugar Promotion Association / Rice Farming / Samrong Tong district / Son Saroeun / Sou Savorn / sugar / World Trade Organization / WTO certified palm sugar
Sales of Cambodia’s World Trade Organization-certified palm sugar from Kampong Speu province dipped to 12 tonnes at the end of the harvest season this year, about a 30 per cent decline from 2012. Two districts with palm trees in Kampong Speu province were granted geographical indication ...
- 20 May 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Investment / Maize (corn) / Pepper
- Bright Starling Holdings Co / champagne / climate / Climate Change / France / geographical indication / GI / GI Status / Him Anna / hot weather / intellectual property / Kampot / Kampot pepper / Kampot Pepper Promotion Association / Kep / KPPA / Nguon Lay / peper yields / pepper / pepper plantation / pepper production / pepper sale / red pepper / white pepper
This year’s weather has proven too hot for the Kingdom’s famous Kampot pepper, as yields of the spice dropped for the first time since 2008. Some 22 tonnes of pepper were harvested this year between January and May, short of the 27 tonnes predicted for this ...
- 15 March 2013
- Independent European Daily Express
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Biofuel crops / Crop products and commodities / Economic land concessions and plantations / Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Exports / Investment / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Pepper / Public land lease / Sugar / Trade
- arsenic contamination / bio-pesticides / Bridges Across Borders / Cambodian Organic Agricultural Association / COrAA / EBA / EU / European Union aid / Everything but Arms trade agreement / FDI / forced evictions / foreign direct investment / France / Geographical Indication status / GI label / GI registration / GI Status / Japanese aid / Kampong Chhang province / Kampong Chhnang / Kampong Speu / Kampong Speu Palm Sugar Promotion Association / Kampot / Kampot pepper / Kampot Pepper Promotion Association / KPPA / KPSA / Land grabs / Ministry of Commerce / motorbike taxi drivers / palm sugar / palm tree / palm trees / pepper / Pepper Project / poisonous chemicals / Starling Farm / sugar / sugar cane / sugar cane industry / sugar cane plantations / sugar production / Sun Somnang / Taiwan / Takeo / Takeo Province / Tourism
Dotted with rice fields flanked by palm trees, Cambodia’s southeastern province of Kampong Speu is nothing short of picturesque. But behind the idyllic exterior is an on-going struggle to turn this region’s natural beauty into a global attraction and improve the lot of poor local farmers, ...