- 26 June 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Biofuel crops / Crop products and commodities / Economic land concessions and plantations / Economy and commerce / Exports / Judiciary and courts / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Public land lease / Sugar / Trade
- Agriculture & Agri-business / agro-farming / Bonsucro / Bonsucro chief executive Nick Goodall / BP / Coca-Cola / Eang Vuthy / Equitable Cambodia / Equitable Cambodia executive director Eang Vuthy / evictions / forced evictions / Human Rights / Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / land / Land grabs / land ownership / Land rights / land tenure / London / rubber planations / sugar / sugar cane / sugar cane plantations / sugar exports / sugar plantations / sugar trade associations / Tate & Lyle / UK / UK High Court / UK high Court of Justice
A London-based sugar trade association aiming to promote a more ethical and sustainable industry will meet early next month to consider a request from Cambodian farmers that it eject U.K.-based sugar firm Tate & Lyle from the group unless it gives them back their land. Some ...
- 4 June 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economic land concessions and plantations / Economy and commerce / Human rights / Investment / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Public land lease / Social development / Sugar
- CPP / CPP Senator / crops / deputy governor Lon An / Disputed Land / EC / economic land concession / ELC / ELCs / Equitable Cambodia / eviction / forced eviction / illegal eviction / Khon Kaen Sugar / Koh Kong / Land dispute / land eviction / LICHADO / Lon An / Ly Yong Phat / Mitr Phol / National Human Rights Commission of Thailand / Oddar Meanchey / right abuse / rights groups / Senate / sugar / sugar cane / sugar cane plantations / Thai Plantation / Thailand
Oddar Meanchey province deputy governor Lon An yesterday confirmed CPP Senator Ly Yong Phat’s involvement in a trio of sugar cane plantations that rights groups took to the National Human rights Commission of Thailand last week, but denied their allegations of rights abuses. The deputy ...
- 15 March 2013
- Independent European Daily Express
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Biofuel crops / Crop products and commodities / Economic land concessions and plantations / Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Exports / Investment / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Pepper / Public land lease / Sugar / Trade
- arsenic contamination / bio-pesticides / Bridges Across Borders / Cambodian Organic Agricultural Association / COrAA / EBA / EU / European Union aid / Everything but Arms trade agreement / FDI / forced evictions / foreign direct investment / France / Geographical Indication status / GI label / GI registration / GI Status / Japanese aid / Kampong Chhang province / Kampong Chhnang / Kampong Speu / Kampong Speu Palm Sugar Promotion Association / Kampot / Kampot pepper / Kampot Pepper Promotion Association / KPPA / KPSA / Land grabs / Ministry of Commerce / motorbike taxi drivers / palm sugar / palm tree / palm trees / pepper / Pepper Project / poisonous chemicals / Starling Farm / sugar / sugar cane / sugar cane industry / sugar cane plantations / sugar production / Sun Somnang / Taiwan / Takeo / Takeo Province / Tourism
Dotted with rice fields flanked by palm trees, Cambodia’s southeastern province of Kampong Speu is nothing short of picturesque. But behind the idyllic exterior is an on-going struggle to turn this region’s natural beauty into a global attraction and improve the lot of poor local farmers, ...
- 3 January 2013
- The Diplomat
- Economy and commerce / Exports / Investment / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Trade
- Angkor Wat / annual GDP growth / Bangladesh / Better Factories initiative / Cambodia / Cambodia Daily / CBRE / Central Business District / Chinese aid / crime rate / East Asia / economic model / Economics / EU / euro zone crisis / Farmers / Financial Crisis / garment / Garment exports / Garment factories / GDP / Gini coefficient / global crisis / Gold Tower 42 / Hong Kong / ILO / IMF / industry sector / joint visa scheme / Kampong Speu Province / land disputes / Land rights / Laos / local investors / low wages / Ly Yong Phat / Mekong river / Phnom Penh / Prime Minister Hun Sen / sugar cane plantations / sugar refinery / Thailand / The United States / Tourism / Transparency International / tycoon Ly Yong Phat / U.S. State Department / Vattanac Tower / World Bank
Even as the skyline of Phnom Penh grows with the symbols of modern architecture, Cambodia’s economy still faces a host of challenges. On the surface, Cambodia’s economy is certainly improving. In September, the IMF raised its 2012 GDP growth forecast from 6.3 to 6.5 percent ...
- 29 May 2012
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Economic land concessions and plantations / Land / Land tenure and land titling / Public land lease / Sugar
- blocked / blocked traffic / company / CPP Senator Ly Yong Phat / Koh Kong Province / Kong Song / land / Land dispute / Ly Yong Phat / motorists / national road 48 / petitions / Police / Protester / sugar cane / sugar cane plantations / Traffic / villagers
Villagers in Koh Kong province involved in a long-running land dispute with two sugar cane plantations linked to CPP Senator Ly Yong Phat handed out petitions to passing motorists along National Road 48 demanding their land back. It was a change of pace for the villagers, ...