- 31 July 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Rubber / Trade
- agro-industry / BKRP / Boeung Ket Rubber Plantation Company / Chinese aid / Chop Rubber Plantation / CRP / Economics / Europe / Exports / Global Supply Chain / International Rubber Study Group / IRSG / Kampong Cham / Kampong Cham Province / natural rubber / North America / production costs / Products and commodities / rubber / rubber exports / rubber industry / rubber market / rubber plantations / rubber prices / Singapore / Thailand
Following global supply growth and falling prices, Cambodian rubber has decreased in value over the past three months, according to industry experts. Men Sopheak, deputy director-general of the Chop Rubber Plantation, a major rubber exporter in Cambodia, said yesterday that the price of dried [natural] rubber ...
Made in Cambodia: Foreign Industry Calls on Cambodia as the Next “Low-Cost” Alternative in All Things Manufacturing
- 1 May 2013
- Cambodian Business Review
- Economy and commerce / Exports / Investment / Special economic zones / Trade
- ASEAN / Automotive Component Manufacturing / Bangkok / Bangkok City / Bretton Sciaroni / Cambodian Economic Association / CEA / CEA President Chan Sophal / CH Steel Wire Industries / Chan Sophal / Chinese aid / Coca-Cola / Constrains to Economy of Scale / Consumer Product Manufacturing / Crown Cork / Denso / Denso Cambodia Co. Ltd. / Denso Executive Vice President Sojiro Tsuchiya / Export Revenue from Manufacturing / FDI / Ford Motor / foreign direct investment / Foreign Direct Investment Diversification / garment manufacturing / Garment Manufacturing Association of Cambodia / Global Supply Chain / GMAC / Hiroshi Uematsu / Hydroelectric Energy / hydroelectric plants / IBC’s Chairman Bretton Sciaroni / Indonesia / International Business Chamber of Cambodia / investment policy / Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / labor disputes / Labor Shortage in China / Laurelton Diamond / light manufacturing / Low-cost Alternatives / Ltd / Mansin Co. Ltd. / Manufacturing Diversification / Microchips Assembly Lines / Minebea Co. / Minimum Wage Establishment / Nikko-Kinzoku Cambodia / Offshoring / Offshoring Risks Diversification / Offshoring Trends / Philippines / Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone / Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone (PPSEZ) / PPSEZ / PPSEZ managing director Hiroshi Uematsu / Production Competitiveness / Regional Supply Chain / Relative Advantage / sihanoukville / Sihanoukville province / Sojiro Tsuchiya / Technological Constrains to Development / Thailand / Tiffany & Co / Tiger Beer / Value-added Manufacturing Plants / Wage Negotiation / Yamaha Motor / Yazaki Corp.
About a decade ago, global manufacturing firms staged a mass exodus to Asia in search of low-cost alternatives to increasing domestic wage demands and operational costs. The consensus was the continued development of a regional supply chain that had formed in countries like Vietnam and Indonesia, ...