Made in Cambodia: Foreign Industry Calls on Cambodia as the Next “Low-Cost” Alternative in All Things Manufacturing
- 1 May 2013
- Cambodian Business Review
- Economy and commerce / Exports / Investment / Special economic zones / Trade
- ASEAN / Automotive Component Manufacturing / Bangkok / Bangkok City / Bretton Sciaroni / Cambodian Economic Association / CEA / CEA President Chan Sophal / CH Steel Wire Industries / Chan Sophal / Chinese aid / Coca-Cola / Constrains to Economy of Scale / Consumer Product Manufacturing / Crown Cork / Denso / Denso Cambodia Co. Ltd. / Denso Executive Vice President Sojiro Tsuchiya / Export Revenue from Manufacturing / FDI / Ford Motor / foreign direct investment / Foreign Direct Investment Diversification / garment manufacturing / Garment Manufacturing Association of Cambodia / Global Supply Chain / GMAC / Hiroshi Uematsu / Hydroelectric Energy / hydroelectric plants / IBC’s Chairman Bretton Sciaroni / Indonesia / International Business Chamber of Cambodia / investment policy / Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / labor disputes / Labor Shortage in China / Laurelton Diamond / light manufacturing / Low-cost Alternatives / Ltd / Mansin Co. Ltd. / Manufacturing Diversification / Microchips Assembly Lines / Minebea Co. / Minimum Wage Establishment / Nikko-Kinzoku Cambodia / Offshoring / Offshoring Risks Diversification / Offshoring Trends / Philippines / Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone / Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone (PPSEZ) / PPSEZ / PPSEZ managing director Hiroshi Uematsu / Production Competitiveness / Regional Supply Chain / Relative Advantage / sihanoukville / Sihanoukville province / Sojiro Tsuchiya / Technological Constrains to Development / Thailand / Tiffany & Co / Tiger Beer / Value-added Manufacturing Plants / Wage Negotiation / Yamaha Motor / Yazaki Corp.
About a decade ago, global manufacturing firms staged a mass exodus to Asia in search of low-cost alternatives to increasing domestic wage demands and operational costs. The consensus was the continued development of a regional supply chain that had formed in countries like Vietnam and Indonesia, ...
- 11 August 2012
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Investment / Labor / Trade
- Agro-business company / foreign investment / foreign investments / garment sector / Investment / Investment Projects / labor / light manufacturing
The lastest investment data from the government shows that Cambodia’s economy is moving away from the long-trusted staple of the garment sector and into more compplex industries. For more than a decade, garments have accounted for the lion’s share of the country’s export market as investors shied away ...