- 23 January 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Development policy and administration / Environment and natural resources / Rivers and lakes / Water resources
- Bassac Dredging Sand / Council of Ministers / Dredging / Kampong Cham / Kandal Province / Kien Svay district / King of Koh Kong / Lim Kean Hor / Lim Yos Sophal Co / MBS Mekong Bay Sand / Mekong Dredging Sand / Mekong river / Minister of Public Works and Transport / Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology / NARA LNT Co / Phnom Penh / Phnom Penh Autonomous Port / Press and Quick Reaction Unit / Prime Minister Hun Sen / Privay Mining / river banks / Sand / sand dredging / sand-dredging licences / Senator Ly Young Phat / Tatai river / Tonle Bassac river / Veasna Commercial Import & Export / Water Resources and Meteorology Minister / water routes / water ways
Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday ordered officials to take action against unnamed companies he said were using the cover of night to illegally dredge sand from the Mekong River. Calling on Water Resources and Meteorology Minister Lim Kean Hor to lead the crackdown, Hun Sen also ...
- 22 August 2011
- Associated Press
- Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Extractive Industries / Extractive industries policy and administration / Industrial mining / Industries / Land / Marine and coastal areas / Mining / Pollution and waste / Tourism / Water resources
- AZ Kunming Singapore / AZ Orchid / barges / Benalec Holdings / Cambodia / Cambodian Government / Changi / Chea Manith / Chinese aid / Construction and Building Authority / Corruption / Dredging / ecotourism / emerging economies / environmental damage / environmental groups / environmental regulations / Environmentalists / exploitation / Exports / Fishing / Global Witness / Government officials / Gulf of Thailand / Hong Kong-register group / Illegal mining / King of Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / Las Vegas Sands Corp / Laws / Ly Yong Phat / LYP Group / Malaysian aid / mangrove / Marina Bay complex / miners / Minister of Water Resources and Meteorology / Ministry of Industry Mining and Energy / Myanmar / National Development Ministry / Nature Tourism Community of Tatai / Nipah Island / Oliver Courtney / Philippines / Police / pollution / Prime Minister Hun Sen / reclamation / restrictions / rivers / Sand / sand extraction / sand mining / sand pirates / sand trade / seabeds / Singapore / Siphan Phay / smuggling / sustainable development / Tatai river / Tourists / Trade / Vietnamese company / villagers / wilderness areas / Winton Enterprised
KOH KONG, Cambodia (AP) — Round a bend in Cambodia’s Tatai River and the virtual silence of a tropical idyll turns suddenly into an industrial nightmare. Lush jungle hills give way to a flotilla of dredgers operating 24 hours a day, scooping up sand and piling ...
- 10 August 2011
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Economy and commerce / Environment and natural resources / Industries / Tourism
- Andaet Island / Ban / Bun Leut / Bun Leut Provincial Governor / Cambodia / Council of Ministers / Council of Ministers spokesman Phay Siphan / CPP Senator Ly Yong Phat / Dredging / dredging licence / dredging operation / Dredging operations / eco-resorts / Economics / ecotourism / environment / Governmnet Officials / Hun Sen / industry minister Suy Sem / King of Koh Kong / Koh Kong / Licence / Lim Kean Hor Minister for Water Resources / local environment / Lower Tatai / Ly Yong Phat / LYP Group / Minister for Water Resources / Minister for Water Resources Lim Kean Hor / Ministry of Industry Mining and Energy / NGOs / Pech Siyon / Pech Siyon Koh Kong provincial director department of Industry Mines and Energy / Phay Siphan / Phay Siphan spokesman for the Council of Ministers / poaching / Political Wrangling / prime minister / provincial authorities / provincial governor Bun Leut / Regulations / resorts / Sand / sand dredging / Sand Resource Management Committee / Senator Ly Yong Phat / Singapore Ministry of National Development / Suy Sem / Suy Sem Industry Minister / Tatai river / temporary ban / Tourism / tourism investment / tourism operators / Upper Tatai / villagers / Water Resources Minister
Ruling party senator Ly Yong Phat has defied an order endorsed by the Prime Minster to halt his controversial sand dredging activities on the Tatai river in Koh Kong, prompting authorities to request intervention, documents obtained by The Post reveal. The dredging operation on the ...