In Cambodia, Cyber Casinos Fall Into a Legal Gray Area
- 5 August 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Banking and financial services / Crime and law enforcement / Economy and commerce / Government / Industries / Taxation / Tourism
- ACLEDA / ACLEDA Bank / Angkor Capital Specialized Bank / banking / Banks / Bridge Capital LLC / Cambodia-Vietnam border / casinos / Chamkar Mon District / Chroy Changva / Creative Entertainment Ltd / Curacao / Cyber Casinos / cyber law / Gambling / gaming / Guam / Ha Tien Vegas casino / Ha Tien Vegas Entertainment Resort / Hawaii / ICSID / International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes / Investment / Kampot / Kampot Province / Lao Holdings N.V. / Laos / licensing / Ministry of Commerce / Ministry of Economy and Finance / Ministry of Finance / Ministry of Interior / National Bank of Cambodia / NBC / Northern Mariana Islands / Online gambling / online gaming / Phnom Penh / Phuket / PricewaterhouseCoopers / PwC / Saipan / Sanum Investments Ltd / Savan Vegas casino / Savan Vegas Hotel / Savan Vegas Hotel and Casino Company Limited / Savannakhet / taxation / Thailand / Tourism / U.S. / US / US Justice Department / Vientiane / World Bank
In 2010, the Ha Tien Vegas Entertainment Resort, a casino investment on Kampot province’s border with Vietnam that included luxury karaoke rooms and suites, launched with high hopes of attracting Vietnamese gamblers. At the end of December, Ha Tien Vegas closed down. To the north, in ...
Growing Tourism – A Positive Sign: Asia and Pacific Continue as Travel Hot Spots
- 1 April 2013
- Cambodian Business Review
- Economy and commerce / Industries / Tourism
- Angkor Wat / Angkor Wat Temple / Angkor Wat temples / ASEAN / Asia and Pacific tourism / Australian aid / Cambodia’s tourism industry / CEO of PATA / Chinese aid / Cultural and Eco-Tourism / Eco-tourism / foreign visitors / France / genocide museum / Hawaii / Hong Kong / Hong Kong SAR / Indian aid / Japanese aid / jobs in tourism industry / Kep / Korea / Laos / Malaysian aid / Martin J. Craigs / Minister of Tourism Thong Khon / Ministry of Tourism / Myanmar / PATA / PATA CEO Martin Craigs / Phnom Penh / Preah Sihanouk Province / Quam / ROK / Siem Reap / Siem Reap Province / sihanoukville / Taipei / Thailand / Toul Sleng Genocide Museum / tourism growth / tourism industry / UNESCO World Heritage / USA / World Heritage Angkor Wat Temple / World Heritage Site
Asia and the Pacific continued as a hot spot for international tourism in 2012, attracting what is expected to be in excess of 350 million international visitor arrivals, expanding its collective inbound count by more than 5% and generating more than 18 million additional foreign visits, year-on-year. Within this ...
Page 1 of 1