- 20 May 2013
- Bangkok Post
- Agriculture and fishing / Economy and commerce / Exports / Imports / Trade
- agricultural products / agricultural products exports / baht appreciation / Cambodian Commerce Ministry / Cambodian-Thai bilateral Trade / Cambodian-Thai trade / cement / cement imports / Cham Prasidh / Commerce Minister Cham Prasidh / construction material imports / construction materials / consumer products / consumer products imports / cosmetics / cosmetics imports / Exports / Fish / fish exports / garments / Imports / Jiranun Wongmongkol / Koh Kong Trade-Investment expo / Petroleum / petroleum imports / Phnom Penh Post / processed goods / processed goods imports / recyclable meta exports / recyclable metal / Thailand / Trade / trade counselor Jiranun Wongmongkol
Trade between Thailand and Cambodia went off in a wild divergence in the first quarter of this year. Exports from Cambodia rose 19% to US$102 million (2.9 billion baht) year-on-year, while Thailand’s imports recorded a 4% decline to $1 billion, the Phnom Penh Post reported on ...
- 20 May 2013
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Economy and commerce / Exports / Imports / Trade
- Agriculture & Agri-business / bilateral trade / bilateral trade agreements / Cambodian Minister of Commerce / cement / Cham Prasidh / construction materials / consumer products / cosmetics / economic relations / Export / export values / Fish / Foreign Trade Promotion officer Jiranan Wongmongkol / fruits / import / international trade / Jiranan Wongmongkol / Koh Kong Trade-Investment expo / Ministry of Commerce / Petroleum / processed goods / recyclable metal / second-hand garments / Thai baht / Thailand / Vegetables
Cambodia’s total exports to Thailand sharply increased in the first quarter of the year, according to official data from Ministry of Commerce received by the Post last week. Officials said the rise is the result of efforts by both countries to improve trade facilitation and economic ...
- 12 December 2012
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Economy and commerce / Investment
- business / Cambodia Cement Chakrey Ting Factory / Cambodia’s infrastructure / cement / cement plant / Chip Mong Group / construction sector / domestic market / Economic Development / Kampot Province / largest domestic companies / Ministry of Public Works and Transportation / Siam City Cement / Toukmeas district
Siam City Cement and the Chip Mong Group will co-build a new cement plant in the Toukmeas district of Kampot by 2015 in order to take advantage of the “huge” demand in Cambodia. The plant will cater specifically to the Cambodian market, although they will also ...
- 5 November 2012
- Azo Mining
- Economy and commerce / Energy / Extractive Industries / Extractive industries policy and administration / Gemstone mining / Gemstones / Generation and distribution facilities / Gravel and limestone / Industrial mining / Investment / Iron and steel / Land / Minerals and mineral products / Mining / Non-renewable energy production / Oil and gas resources
- Angkor Gold / Anti-Corruption laws / Australia’s Indochine Mining Ltd / Australian aid / bauxite exploration program / Cambodia / cement / Cement factory / Chevron Corp of the Unites States / Chip Mong Group / construction industry / copper / copper and gold exploration / crushed stone / Economic growth / Economics / exploration licenses / France / Gas / gas sector / gemstones / gold / gravel / Gulf of Thailand / HAGL Group / Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group / ietnam National Coal and Mineral Industries Group / industrial mineral sector / Industrial Minerals / international companies / Investment / iron ore / Japanese aid / JOGMEC / Kampot / Kampot Province / kratie / Kratie deputy provincial governor / Kratie project / Kratie Province / Laos / lead / limestone / manganese / metals / mining sector / offshore oilfield Block A / oil / Oyado South tenement / phosphates / Ratanakiri / Ratanakiri project / Ratanakkiri Province / Siam Thailand’s City Cement Plc / Silver / Southern Gold / Thailand / the Cambodia National Petroleum Authority / The United States / timber / Tonle Sap basin / Vinacomin
Cambodia, with a total population of 14,952,665 as of July 2010, is located in Southeastern Asia, bordering the Gulf of Thailand, between Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos. The country mostly has a tropical climate and covers a total area of 181,035 km2 Cambodia’s key natural resources include ...
- 9 April 2012
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Energy / Energy policy and administration / Generation and distribution facilities / Rice / Trade
- bilateral trade / cement / Chinese aid / Chinese President Hu Jintao / Hu Jintao / rice milling / Yunnan Province
An across-the-board trade and investment deal signed with China’s Yunnan province on Friday was a jump-start to Chinese President Hu Jintao’s pledge a week earlier to double bilateral trade with the Kingdom to US$5 billion by 2017. The package signing, which brought a delegation of 45 ...
- 9 August 2011
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agriculture and fishing / Censuses / Economy and commerce
- Agro-business company / Animal feeds production / Battambang / Battambang Province / bricks / bus transportation / business / Cambodia / Cambodian businesses / casinos / cement / census / Chhay Than / commercial zone / drinking water / economic activities / economic census / Economics / fish sauce / food production / Footwear / garment / garment manufacturing / garments / gold / gold mining / guesthouses / Hotels / hydroelectric / hydroelectric power / hydroelectric power generation / hydroelectric power generation satation / Indonesia / industries / industry / Japan International Cooperation Agency / Japanese aid / Kampong Cham / Kampong Cham procince / Kampot / Kampot Province / Kandal / Kandal p / Kep / Koh Kong / Koh Kong Province / Kompong Cham / Kompong Cham Province / machinery / mining / mining exp0loration / Ministry of Planning / Mondokiri Province / mondolkiri / Oddor Meanchey / Oddor Meanchey Province / Pailin / Pailin Province / Phnom Penh / Planning Minister / Planning Minister Chhay Than / Ratanakiri / Ratanakkiri Province / rice / rice milling / Road construction / rubber / sea transport / sea transportation / Siem Reap / Stung Tren Province / Stung Treng / sugar cane / Takeo / Takeo Province / timber / timber manufacturing / Tourism / transport / Transportation / workers
The Ministry of Planning yesterday released the preliminary results of the 2011 economic census, which found that Cambodia has a total of 503,008 businesses nationwide, of which nearly 20 percent are based in Phnom Penh. The census, which began on March 1 and was financed ...