Government Has 13 Payment Guarantees for Energy Projects
- 24 February 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Aid and development / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Coal / Development policy and administration / Energy / Environment and natural resources / Generation and distribution facilities / Hydropower dams / Multilateral development assistance / Non-renewable energy production / Renewable energy production
- ADB / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Cheam Yeap / Chinese aid / Chinese hydropower investments / coal-fired power plants / CPP lawmaker / EdC / Electricite du Cambodge / energy project / Hydrolancang International Energy Co Ltd / Hydropower dams / IMF / International Monetary Fund / Kamchay dam / Kampot / Kith Meng / Koh Kong / Lower Sesan 2 dam / National Assembly / Northumbria University / power project / Preah Sihanouk Province / private firms / Pursat / Royal Group / Southeast Asia / Stung Atai / Stung Tatai / Stung Treng Province / The U.K.
A CPP lawmaker said yesterday the government has signed 13 payment guarantees to companies constructing coal-fired power plants and hydropower dams in the country, a move that an Asian Development Bank (ADB) official reiterated was risky for the country’s fiscal future. CPP lawmaker Cheam Yeap said ...
Pay Off Officials, Risk Prison Stint, New Law Says
- 10 August 2011
- The Cambodia Daily
- Anti-corruption / Economy and commerce / Government / Law and judiciary
- ACU / American Chamber of Commerce / Anit-Corruption Law / Anti-Corruption / anti-corruption legislation / Anti-Corruption Unit / Anti-Graft Law / Anti-Graft Laws / ANZ / ANZ Bank / ANZ Royal Bank / Australia's Attorney General's Department / Australian aid / Bribery / Bribery Act / Bribes / British Business Association / British Business Association of Cambodia / business / Business Associations / Business Owners / business representatives / Cambodia / Cambodia Defenders Project / Cambodia's Anti-Corruption Law / CEO of ANZ Royal Bank / CEO of Sterling Project Management / Chamber of Commerce / corporate filings / Corruption / Counicl of Ministers / court / criminal offense / cunstoms / customs clearance rates / customs officials / donor / donor agencies / facilitation fee / facilitation fees / FedEx / Fees / Firms / Foreign Corrupt Practices Act / foreign officials / Gary Sterling / Gary Sterling CEO of Sterling Project Management / Government / government experts / government official / Government officials / illegal payments / Im Oudom / informal transactions / International Business Chamber / investor / Investors / jail / kickbacks / King Norodom Sihamoni / Kirth Chantharith / Kirth Chantharith spokesman for the National Police Commissariat / law / lawyers / legal articles on corruption / legal expert / legal experts / Legislation / National Police Commissariat / new law / New Legislation / officials / payment / payments / Penal Code / Police / police officials / private firms / public official / public officials / Sean McIntosh / Sean McIntosh US Embassy spokesman / Secretariat of the Council of Jurists / Sok Sam Oeun / Sok Sam Oeun executive director of Cambodia Defenders Project / Stephen Higgins / Stephen Higgins CEO of ANZ Royal Bank / Sterling Project Management / The Australian Business Association / The Australian Business Association of Cambodia / undocumented fees / undocumented payments / US Embassy / US Embassy spokesman Sean McIntosh
The government has brought into force a new law that makes all illegal payments to officials punishable by up to 15 years in jail for those who accept such payments and up to 10 years for those who make payments. Im Oudom, a member of ...
Forest on the auction block
- 9 August 2011
- The Phnom Penh Post
- Agriculture and fishing / Environment and natural resources / Environmental and biodiversity protection / National parks and wildlife sanctuaries / Protected forest / Siem Reap
- Adhoc / Adhoc head of land programme Ouch Leng / agricultural development / Agriculture & Agri-business / Anlong Veng / Anlong Veng District / businessmen / Chut Wutty / Chut Wutty director of the Natural Resource Protection Group / compensation / concessions / developing agriculture / Development / diverse species / environment / environmental impact / environmental impact assessments / Forest / forest areas / Government / Hun Sen / illegal loging / Illegal poaching / Kulen Promptep / Kulen Promptep Sanctuary / land / Land concessions / law / leases / logging / Ministry of Environment / Ministry of Environment secretary of state Thuk Kreun Vutha / National Park / Natural Resource Protection Group / Natural Resource Protection Group director Chut Wutty / NGOs / Oddar Meanchey / Oddar Meanchey Province / Oddar Meanchey's Anlong Veng District / Ouch Leng / Ouch Leng head of the land programme at Adhoc / Phnom Oral Wildlife Sanctuary / poaching / Preah Vihear / Preah Vihear Province / prime minister / Private Companies / private firms / reclassified / Siem Reap / Siem Reap Province / state / state private land / Thuk Kreun Vutha / Thuk Kreun Vutha secretary of state at the Ministry of Environment / token crops / villagers / wildlife / Wildlife Sanctuary
Almost 30,000 hectares of a wildlife sanctuary in Oddar Meanchey, Siem Reap and Preah Vihear provinces have been reclassified as state private land for agricultural development, drawing sharp criticism from rights groups. Four sub-decrees signed by Prime Minister Hun Sen on July 22 reclassify land ...