Cambodia’s Economic Opportunity
- 9 May 2013
- The Diplomat
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Energy / Exports / Generation and distribution facilities / Rice / Sihanoukville / Social development / The poor / Trade
- agricultural sector / Agriculture & Agri-business / AusAid / bilateral trade / bilateral trade agreements / Cambodia Agricultural Value Chain / CAVAC / Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / electricity prices / EU markets / Exports / GDP / Gross Domestic Product / Infrastructure / Kampong Thom / Kampong Thom Province / Kampot / Kampot Province / Laos / loan portfolio for agriculture / loan portfolios / Milled Rice / Minister of Economy and Finance Secretary of State Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fishery / Ministry of Commerce / Ministry of Economy and Finance / Ministry of Water Resources Management / paddy rice / paddy rice production / Policy Paper on Paddy Production and Rice Export / Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen / RGC / rice / rice export / rice export sector / rice export target / Rice Farming / Rice Policy / rice sector / Royal Government of Cambodia / Sihanoukville Port / Takeo / Takeo Province / Thailand / The Philippines / transport
While significant obstacles remain, the success of the rice sector is a potentially crucial driver in Cambodia’s prosperous and equitable development. Cambodia announced two major bilateral trade agreements recently, with the Philippines and Thailand, that are expected to further expand the country’s rice export sector. ...
Cambodia Must Up its Game in Rice Exports
- 2 May 2013
- The Asia Foundation
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Rice / Social development / The poor
- agricultural sector / AusAid / Cambodia Agricultural Value Chain / CAVAC / Commercial banks / Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / EU markets / fertilizers / GDP / insecticides / irrigation canals / Kampong Thom / Kampot / Laos / loan portfolios / Milled Rice / Ministriy of Agriculture / Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fishery / Ministry of Commerce / Ministry of Economy and Finance / Ministry of Economy and Finance Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / Ministry of Water Resources Management / paddy rice / paddy rice production / petroleum products / Policy Paper on Paddy Production and Rice Export / rice export sector / Rice Policy / Sihanoukville Port / Takeo / Thailand / The Asia Foundation / The Philippines / transportation infrastructure
Cambodia announced two major bilateral trade agreements last month, with the Philippines and Thailand, that are expected to further expand the country’s rice export sector. Over the last few years, Cambodia has emerged as a major rice exporter in the region, due in large part ...
Cambodia’s Economic Growth Will Help Poverty Reduction
- 10 March 2013
- South East Asia Weekly
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Banking and financial services / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Fishing, fisheries and aquaculture / Industries / Investment / Manufacturing / Real estate / Rice / Rubber / Social development / The poor / Trade
- Agro-business company / Chinese aid / Commercial banks / construction / construction industry / crops / debt to export ratio / debt to GDP ratio / debt to state revenue / domestic VAT / Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / Economic growth / EU / European Union aid / exchange rate / export industry / fisheries / Garment exports / Garment Industry / garment sector / GDP / government revenue / Gross Domestic Product / Inflation / inflation rate / international reserves / Malaysian aid / Microfinance / Microfinance institutions / Ministry of Finance / non-performing loans / NPL / paddy rice production / poverty rate / profit tax / Property tax / Real estate / rice / rice export / rice production / rubber export / rubber prices / Secretary of State for Ministry of Finance Dr Hang Chuon Naron / service industry / specialized banks / tax revenue / Tourism / tourism industry / Trade Deficit / trade volume / United States aid / US / US dollar to Riel exchange rate / Value Added Tax
Cambodia economic growth was 7.3 percent in 2012. Agriculture grew by 4.3 percent, crops by 4.9 percent, fisheries by 6.7 percent, industry by 9.2 percent, garment [sector] by 6.9 percent and the service industry by 8.1 percent, said Dr Hang Chuon Naron, Secretary of State ...
The New Asian Century
- 20 August 2011
- Economics Today
- Economy and commerce / Social development / The poor
- 7th Asia Economic Forum / accountability / Asia 2050: Realizing the Asian Century / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Cambodia / Chinese aid / Competitiveness / debt crisis / domestic investment / Dr. Hang Chuon Naron / Dr. Thein Swe / economies / entrepreneurs / Eurozone / foreign investment / GDP / global recession / global recovery / governance / income growth / Indian aid / Indonesia / Inflation / Investors / Japanese aid / Korea / Malaysian aid / Ministry of Economy and Finance / natural resources / New Asian Century / Phnom Penh / poverty reduction / productivity / Professor in Economics at Payap University Thailand / prosperity / Secretary of State / subsidies / sustainable development / Tariffs / Thailand / The Asian Century in the Making: Achievement Challenges and Future Trends / transparency / US Economy / World Bank / World Development Indicators
With growing uncertainty in the US economy and an unfolding fiscal and debt crisis in the Eurozone after the global recession in 2008, Asia is expected to continue leading the global recovery. Under such circumstances, the 21st Century is emerging as the “New Asian Century”, ...