- 11 September 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Agricultural management systems and technologies / Agriculture and fishing / Aid and development / Anti-corruption / Bilateral development assistance / Development Assistance Committee (DAC) members / Development policy and administration / Government / International relations / Japanese aid / Ministries and other national bodies / Multilateral development assistance / Pest management / Provincial and local governments
- Battambang provincial agriculture department / Cheam Chansorphorn / Chhim Vicheara / Japan International Cooperation Agency / JICA / Ministry of Agriculture / Multilateral development assistance / Seng Ratanak
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has said that its future support of agricultural development in Cambodia depends on the outcome of an investigation into a provincial official accused of embezzling funds from JICA-donated fertilizer. The accused, deputy bureau chief of Battambang’s department of agriculture Seng ...
Matt Blomberg and Eang Mengleng
- 20 August 2013
- The World Bank
- Gender / Maternal and child health / Priority health concerns / Public health / Social development / Women in development
- 16 Makara hospital / Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) / Department for International Development (DFID) / Development and Aid / Health care policy and administration / Health Equity Fund (HEF) / Health Sector Support Project (HSSP1) / Hospitals and clinics / Multilateral development assistance / Preah Vihear / Preah Vihear Province / public health / Second Health Sector Support Program (HSSP2) / social development / UNICEF / World Bank
Siv Mao, 25, just had a caesarian operation. She feels some discomfort but is smiling. Her newborn baby is sleeping fitfully beside her and she says: “They saved our lives and I’m happy.” Ms. Mao encountered complications in her pregnancy and doctors knew she could not ...
- 1 August 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Aid and development / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Economy and commerce / Multilateral development assistance / Siem Reap / Social development / The poor
- ADB / Agriculture & Agri-business / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Banteay Meanchey / Banteay Meanchey Province / Council of Ministers / Development agencies / Farmers / Finnish Embassy / information communication technologies / information technology firms / Infrastructure / Investment / Investors / Kompong Cham / Kompong Cham Province / Kompong Thom / Kompong Thom Province / MFIs / Microfinance institutions / mobile phone operators / Multilateral development assistance / NDO / Netherlands Development Organization / NGOs / poverty reduction / Private Investment / private sector / Rural development / Siem Reap / Siem Reap Province / small-scale agribusiness / Smart Mobile / solar panels / Technology / Tonle Sap Poverty Reduction Project / TSPRP / urbanization
Representatives from more than 90 Cambodian businesses gathered yesterday at the Council of Ministers building in Phnom Penh to hear about a new initiative that aims to encourage private sector investment in agriculture. The $55.6 million project is an extension of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) ...
- 11 July 2013
- The Cambodia Daily
- Aid and development / Bilateral development assistance / Chinese aid / Economy and commerce / Human rights / Non-DAC members / Social development
- ACLEDA / ADM / American aid / Asian Development Bank / Beijing / Bilateral development assistance / Burma / Burmese government / Cambodian Foreign Minister Hor Namhong / Cambodian Government / Cambodian military / capital investment / Chinese aid / Chinese aid / Chinese investors / Chinese loans / corporate social responsibility / Corruption / CPP / Democracy / development aid / Development policies and administration / election monitors / Evi Schueller / foreign aid / foreign investment / France / GDP / Government / Gross Domestic Product / Human Rights / Human Rights Watch / Human Rights Watch Asia / Human Rights Watch Asia advocacy director John Sifton / Hun Sen / illegal voting / IMF / Infrastructure / infrastructure investment / infrastructure lending / Infrastructure projects / International Monetary Fund / Investment / Land titles / Land-grabbing / LICADHO / Military / Multilateral development assistance / Myanmar / National Democratic Institute / national elections / NEC / nepotism / Obama administration / opposition lawmakers / parliament / Patrick Merloe / Phnom Penh / political violence / Prime Minister Hun Sen / Prince Norodom Sihanouk / RAFC / Royal Armed Forces of Cambodia / Royal Government of Cambodia / Sam Rainsy / South Korean aid / SRP International Group / SRP International Group CEO Daniel Mitchell / Steve Chabot / System of government / technical assistance / U.S. military aid to Cambodia / United States aid / US / US investment / US lawmakers / US Representative Eni Faleomavaega / US Supreme Court / USAID / voter list / Washington / World Bank
At a congressional hearing in Washington on Tuesday that scathingly rebuked Prime Minister Hun Sen and his ruling CPP, a U.S. lawmaker called for legislation to cut American aid to Cambodia following the national election on July 28. Representative Steve Chabot, who chaired the House Subcommittee ...
- 4 July 2013
- The Cambodia Herald
- Aid and development / Economy and commerce / Human rights / Social development
- ADB / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Bilateral development assistance / Democracy / development aid / Elections / foreign aid / Government / Human Rights / Human Rights Watch / Hun Sen / Multilateral development assistance / National Rescue Party / Prime Minister Hun Sen / Sam Rainsy / United States aid / US / US Congress / US State Department
Lawmakers in the U.S. and human rights activists are pushing for cuts of more than $70 million in aid to Cambodia if Prime Minister Hun Sen wins the July 28 elections. Many factors have pushed the U.S. to this point be it unfair and unjust, such ...
- 28 June 2013
- The Cambodia Herald
- Agricultural production / Agriculture and fishing / Aid and development / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Crop products and commodities / Economy and commerce / Exports / Multilateral development assistance / Rice / Rice / Social development / The poor / Trade / Water resources
- ADB / ADB loans / ADB's Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program / ADB's Strategic Climate Fund / Agricultural policy and administration / Agricultural Production / Agriculture & Agri-business / Asian Development Bank (ADB) / Battambang / Battambang Province / Bui Minh Giap / Climate Change / Contract farming / crops / Exports / farming / food security / food shortages / foreign aid / Global Agriculture and Food Security Program / Infrastructure / international rice markets / Investment / Kampong Thom / Kampong Thom Province / land / loans / Milled Rice / Multilateral development assistance / Prey Veng / Prey Veng Province / rice / rice exports / rice paddy / rice prices / rice sector / seed distribution / seed production / Strategic Climate Fund / Trade / Water resources
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of $55 million to help transform the rice sector of Cambodia into a viable commercial industry as well as taking care of the land and water resources. ADB’s Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program―which will run ...