Australian company finds ‘significant’ mineral deposits in Preah Vihear

Australia’s Geopacific Resources NL said Thursday it had found “significant” amounts of gold, copper and molybdenum at its Kou Sa project in Preah Vihear. In a statement, the mineral explorer said the results of the first phase of its soil-sampling program had also found “associated multi-element anomalism” at the site. … Geopacific says it has paid $700,000 to South Korean-controlled Golden Resources Development for an option to acquire 85 percent of the Kou Sa project for $14 million. The company says the remaining 15 percent is held by The Royal Group, a Cambodian conglomerate with interests in telecommunications, banking, transport and distribution.

The Cambodia Herald News Staff